This is the code of ethics practiced by members of the Task Force For Metal Detecting Rights.
Detectorists Code of Ethics.
- I will follow all laws relating to metal detecting on federal and state lands as well as any laws pertaining to local areas I may be searching.
- I will respect private property and attain the owners permission before metal detecting.
- I will recover targets in a way that will not damage or kill vegetation and I will fill in holes completely leaving the area looking as it was.
- I remove all trash found and dispose it of properly.
- I will report discovery of any items that have significant historical value to the proper authorities.
- I will use common courtesy and common sense at all times.
- I will set a good example of how people should enjoy the lawful hobby of recreational metal detecting.